Friday, October 07, 2005

optimisky

i've decided that i'm going to try to be more positive at work from now on. i realise that there's no point bitching about how fucked up my job is...it's not going to get me anywhere. i've learned from many-a-lessons that the harder i try to fight the system, the more i will struggle, and hence, the more unhappy i will be. i'm going to stop cursing my boss and incompetant colleagues from now on, and have more patience...

it's kinda like the lessons i've learned when i was attached. it took me 1 girlfriend to learn the definition of heartbreak, 2 girlfriends to learn the importance of keeping focus, 3 to learn the benefits of being patient, 4 to learn the virtues of being faithful, and 5 to learn the reason for having ambition.

likewise, at work, it's taken me 1 year to learn how to deal with disappointment, 2 years to learn the art of pushing responsibility, and 3 to learn how to be optimistic even when surrounded by shit.


(p.s. - anyone looking to hire a happy employee? haha.)
(p.p.s. - anyone looking to date a learned guy? hahaha.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 years isn't too long lah... some whine and complain forever and end up an unhappy grumpy old man. life is too short for that man.

moby sky said...

farewellwaltz...exactly...i want a happy life. =)

Anonymous said...

ur post prompted me to write some work-related topics for my own posting and i then wonder -
so what do you choose to do when you are faced with incompetency in your work environment? do you let your standard slip too, since you know you can get away with it, and save yourself agonies...
what would you choose to do? :)

moby sky said...

farewellwaltz...where's your blog?? i love to read my reader's blogs too. =) as to your question regarding the incompetancy faced at your workplace...i don't know if you're talking about the same kind of imbeciles as me, so it's really "uniquely different" for each organisation...but as it stands in my company and in my line, i do whatever i can to put out the fire...up to the point where even counting to 10 makes me blow up...that's when i will be revert back to my old ways and be more direct (i.e. - deal with the imbecile's superiors, who hopefully won't be superior imbeciles)...that's how things normally get accomplished. that's life at work for you. =)