Sunday, November 27, 2005

sundays with parry

i went to play football today at parry primary school with some friends. nearly passed out from all the running...and we only played for an hour. my goodness, to think that i could play one and a half matches before i broke a sweat last time. this is taking a toll on me...and i'm really bothered by it...so i'm gonna make this a weekly affair now. sundays with parry.

in my heydays, i played at least one sport a day...normally after tea time in raffles hall. takraw, hardcourt football, and on the rare occasion, basketball. we'd all play till it was dark, and sometimes, even after that. i remember on more than one occasion when we would still play even though it was pouring cats and dogs. we were crazy with a capital C.

but now? let me just put it this way...i bought my soccer boots about 6 months ago, and today was only the second time it has tasted grass. i blame work and all for the lack of exercise...but they're all lies...when there's a will, there's a way. i'm gonna make sure my kronos boots eats grass every week from now on. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're only 27!! Don't make me feel so 'lau'. But really, once you get started, you'll be on a roll. To get motivated for my runs, I signed up for the 10km run @ Singapore Marathon. That way, no choice but to train for it.

GraceYuMommy said...

its good to pick up a sport and stay fit. keep it up!