Thursday, December 15, 2005

happy day

once again, my days on medical leave are turning out to be more happening than those when i'm healthy and working. ironic huh? maybe i should start taking mc's when i'm REALLY sick. like last week. oh well, i blame my clinic for all this...can i help it if my panel doctor's office is in paragon? smack in the middle of orchard??? getting distracted is like a must loh. haha.

i started by waking up at 1030am...surfed the net a bit...read xiaxue's blog for the second time in my whole life (to see what's the big fuss aboout the weblog awards thingy), hoping that i wouldn't puke my guts out again. well, let's just say that i found enough reason to see the doctor after reading that crap. where got people practically beg other people to vote for them one??? some more wanna cheat. i can't believe she went to the same secondary school as me...i guess the standard really started dropping from my year onwards...haha. on to more intelligent things...i met blinkymummy for lunch...hmmm...on second thought...hahahahahaha. anyway, had a good lunch, where she, as usual, took a million lousy pictures of me, which she will definitely post up later to embarrass me again. and oh yeah, i met ene (who works at the same place as blinkymummy) for the first time as well...she's looks different in real life...in a good way of course. =)

after lunch, i made my way down to the doctor's office in paragon. i was made to wait for like almost an hour while this uncle got his annual health check-up...pissed me off. i only wanted a freaking mc loh...2 minutes and i was out. oh well...not as if i was in a hurry to go anywhere...and besides, time passes faster when the receptionist keeps trying to flirt with you...sorry aunty, i had to mention this...my blog's for boosting my ego one. hahaha.

then i went to the library at taka to pay a fine that i incurred after borrowing a tiger woods book and photography manual...which were like 2 weeks overdue...i thought that i'd end up paying the actual prices of the books, so i was pleasantly surprised when the librarian ran up the whooping sum of only $5.10. cool...they're one organisation that knows a thing or two about customer service and satisfaction. haha.

there was this sale at guess today...50% off some stuff...i saw this really nice pair of dark brown corduroy jeans...but it was still $100+...and if you know me and how i shop, i don't buy anything over $70 for pants / jeans, and over $50 for shirts / tops...so...i decided to wait for the post-christmas sale...haha.

i did buy some stuff today though...went to sembawang music at orchard mrt and bought 2 new cds...green day's american idiot, and a compilation called "super fresh!". cool stuff. they actually cost me $40...which on hindthought, could have gotten me at least half of those corduroys...oh well...music soothes the savage beast in me. muahaha.

i'm happy now. don't know why. maybe cuz liverpool just won 3-0 in the club world championship against some lousy costa rican team...or maybe cuz "wherever you will go" by the calling is playing on "super fresh!" now...or maybe cuz i just saw this sunset outside my window:


farrer sunset

or maybe i just needed a break from work...i really don't know. but i feel good. cheers. =)

2 comments:

miss ene said...

I like that song by The Calling too ! And yes, it was good meeting you too except that you were soooooooo shy in real life, it was quite funny, really.

ene is like ene on her blog. Same same one :)

PS. I don't photoshop my photos (I don't even own the software) so I'm not sure why I look different. Must hv been the bright sun today.

moby sky said...

ene...hahaha...yeah, i'm like me in my blog too...except when i'm sick lah...i tend to be on the quiet side...to keep from coughing uncontrollably and embarrassing myself in front of a "stranger"...of course i know you don't photoshop your pictures, unlike some other crap i've read and seen...but somehow you seem different in the flesh lah...haha. aiyah, just like how you thought i didn't look like me in my photos also what!!!