Sunday, March 19, 2006

the butter factory

i went to this new place called "the butter factory" last night...but before you start grumbling about my fat face and all, let me just say that it's not a food joint, which is what i thought when my friend carol smsed me the invite.

carol: hey there...wanna go to the butter factory tonight?
moby: err...but i'm not hungry leh.
carol: it's a new hip hop place that my friend opened lah...
moby: hahaha. ok...let's get buttered tonight. (which apparently is their slogan)

"the butter factory is an imaginative, bold and ground-breaking party blend of hip hop, r&b, urban grooves and street art. that just means all "popular culture" in general, and also the good stuff in-between!"

- the butter factory website

i had loads of fun there...the music was cool...the chics were hot...the guys were kinda good looking...go check it out boys and girls. cheers. =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read abt tis: the butter factory somewhere in a local mag. The logo so nice, makes me wanna have some corn now! (damn hungry). Anyway, the illustration at the left corner tat says: Blog Enter is damn cute! Who is the web designer. So creative and clever ONE! :P

Anonymous said...

http://www.xanga.com/heyitzlong

Moby, U like photography...
Its actually the subject I hated most
when I was at art school donkey’s years back.
However, would like to shall this blog page
with U here. This dude have some nice work.

Anonymous said...

So this butter factory is more towards a disco or pub?

moby sky said...

korean house wife...thanks...the site's pretty nice... =)

sc...it's more like a club with dancefloor and all...pretty funky. =)

Anonymous said...

yr reply too late liao lah... =(
my frds on the way there liao..
we wan a place to drink and play guessing games! hahaha~

Guess we'll settle in some pub along mohd sultan for the night.

Anonymous said...

Welcome moby...
U are the second person tat I sent tis link to cos I just discover only ar:P I sent to my sis which I call: surfer babe (in media). SB is into photography and travellin. I guess she will appreciate tat photography style. If I have to pick, I like the lomo style better. Colour tat are rich and saturated and candid snapshot attracts me. Oh, was talkin to my best pal in office and she told me her BF knows those people from the butter factory well. Geee....damn small world. Everyone seems to know each other in creative:P

Anonymous said...

Moby, I notice U write witty and wicked (which can be a gd thing sometimes...) Check out this site tat my best pal in office intro me. She studied in Canada for 6 freakin years and is totally in love with tis free publication call: Vice. Check out the online mag call: Viceland.com
In there, alot of interested topic, nasty pixs and sick humour. For a gd laugh really. Their DOs and DONTs really tickle me gd!

viceland.com

Anonymous said...

Your slow my good buddy. I was there on its opening day, Friday I think. Saw a coupla of B-grade celebrities. Obviously, I would make the A-list. Was there for a while only. I bet my ass that place won't last long.