Sunday, July 29, 2007

fly past

i was at the esplanade yesterday...waiting for my family to come and meet up for dinner...it's the first time in more than 5 years that all 6 of us (including my grandma) are in singapore together. 真得很难得...

anyway, i managed to get some shots of the fly past of the flag helicopter and the fighter jets...










i've always thought that flying a fighter jet was the coolest thing in the world. it sent a slight tingle right through my toes and brought a little tear in my eye as those guys flew past.

4 comments:

Blur Ting said...

There's something about these parades that evoke this 'lump in the throat' feeling...

waspoh said...

I LOVE NDP!

i attended one during JC and i participated in one during NS. seriously, NDP is one of the most fun things ever! it can be super cheesy and lame sometimes but if you just soak in the atmosphere, it is seriously dem fun! if you ever get the chance, you must go.

(i'm told it's also perfect to bring a date. imagine, after they plough you with stories about how we used to be a fishing village, you can lean over and ask "wanna buy HDB flat together?"... bwhahaa.. cheesy...)

miss ene said...

I have never. ever. been to a NDP. I can only watch the fireworks from afar and gape at the fighter planes when they fly past in the distance.

:\

Anonymous said...

the fighter jets are cool! :) i've got 1 at the national stadium. when i was screaming at my cca gals to march properly. :)