Thursday, June 23, 2005

this day

this will be the last post before i go to neverneverland to find solace in my sleep. a very uneventful day this has been. went to work as usual at 11am. took my time cuz i knew that there would be shit for me to clear. that's usually the case when i come back from a one day "urgent leave". got to the office, checked my email...all 42 of them...cleared half the shit in 5 mins...replied the other half nonchalantly. can't be bothered with the red tape that i'm facing half the time. i guess if you can't beat them...join them (i.e.-start pushing responsibility around).

went for lunch with two of my colleagues. one of them, my sales team leader, kept talking to me in hokkien. knn ccb lah, similanjiao, everytime keep talking to me as if i know what he's ranting about. ok, i know i'm from taiwan and all...but firstly, it doesn't mean that i know your freaking singaporean-slang-hokkien, and secondly, it doesn't mean that i know hokkien in the first place! so basically i just kept nodding my head and pretended that i agreed with whatever he was going on about. i've been working with these people for 2.5 years already and they still assume that i "eh-hiao" hokkien. amazing. at least the other guy who came along had the courtesy to speak in english.

after lunch, i went back to the office to do quotations. that's about it. i hate work. it's making me age. the other day i just found three white strands while gelling my hair...maybe they'll grow longer and cover my receding hairline...that's the only silver lining i can think of...

No comments: