Thursday, June 15, 2006

starhub schmarhub

i hate starhub. they have fucked me up one too many times already during this world cup.

first, they wanna charge people to watch "the beautiful game". fine. i'll just go to pubs and other places to watch, where i can better spend my hard earned money.

next, i find out 4 days into the competition that my landlord actually subscribed for the world cup channel at her house...only for stupid starhub to send the signal to MY house instead...meaning that i had the world cup channel at my place after all.

then, when i wanted to watch at home, i find out that they disconnected the signal in order to transfer it back to my landlord's house. wtf.

after realising that i was spending more money by drinking kilkennys at wala's, when i could be paying the $15 and watching from the comfort of my home...i decided to call my landlord to help us get it back...so this afternoon she called starhub, who assured her that we would be able to get a signal from 9pm onwards...it's 11:23pm and still no signal.

finally, i called up the starhub hotline and promptly got confused with the numerous options that i could press on my freaking nokia phone. JUST TRANSFER ME TO THE DAMN OPERATOR LAH!!! anyway, before i piss off anymore call centre people (as in my previous entry)...i just wanna say that the starhub call centre sucks (at least the machine bit lah).

when i eventually managed to get hold of an operator after 15 minutes of machine talk, she tells me that no one had activated our world cup channel, and that the earliest she could do it would be for the 3am match...hearing which, i spoke very nicely to her and explained that if i didn't get to watch the 12am match, someone in starhub would be paying for my england debts if i lose tonight.

just for your info:

$5: draw 0-0
$10: england 1-0
$10: england 2-0
$10: england 3-0
$5: any other score
total: $40

angry already!!! RRROOOAAARRR!!! >=(

or am i just a loser? sheesh.

6 comments:

blinkymummy said...

SAY SAY SAY SAY SAY!!!

Dun Angry!!!

It's just soccer!
HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

=)))

moby sky said...

blinkymummy = hard gay??? no way!!!

jellybeano said...

oh, i thought the england match was quite exciting. As for call center, be grateful that it is number for you to press on. The last time I called, I got a voice recognition systems. After several attempts to articulate my name, I got exasperated and said "Fuck!", the stupid machine went "I'm sorry, we are unable to recognize your speech. goodbye."

ah sheesh. Technology.

furfur angel said...

i piad only $10+ keekee... but i also had my equal share of fustration as the subscription was made on 30 Apr (last day of promo) & 1 wk ltr they called to say that they didn't register it!!! Damn!

of coz I kick a big fuss juz not to pay that extra $5

I got principle!

Chelonia Munnster said...

Starfuckinghub screwed my smses and their coverage sucks bigfuckingtime. I keep getting charged for Celcom and Digi calls in my ownfuckinghouse. I'm in the middle of Singapore and I get those mudderfucker celcom and digi signals rather than starfuckinghub's. Starfuckinghub owes me BIG TIME!

KXBC said...

Starhub customer service is no good. No standard at all. Vomit blood everytime I have to speak to them. Lucky I only subscribe to their SCV and not their telephone service.