Tuesday, January 30, 2007

barbaro

while watching espn sportscentre just now, i saw something that made me tear...

i thought i'd find it on youtube and share it with you guys...



barbaro was euthanized today due to complications from his surgery. details are in this espn report.

as some of you may know, i have a strong affinity with horses...i love everything about them, their sleekness, strength, grace...i have lots of horse paintings and sculptures in my room...i was born in the year of the horse...and i even have a 马 ("horse" in chinese characters) engraved in my name.

so it really pained me to see barbaro's injury. his eyes...such agony. his head...shook with utter disbelief. now the pain is over...

here's to the horse that won 6 out of 7 races, but who is still undefeated in my eyes...

No comments: